I had this cab for free…
Looking at the picture you can understand why I had this cab for free… I needed more or less one year to find all parts all over the world and after years there is still something to fix… First version of the restoration here shown had been made with a wrong vector monitor. At those times I couldn’t find the correct model so I had to adapt another one using another transformer. After few time I found the correct monitor and I used the first to restore Omega Race… In fact that monitor was used in Omega Race cabinet.
I found all parts including wiring harness, the “brick” transformer and the power supply. I had some difficulties to find the cardboard and on ebay.com a guy was selling all external parts. Here some pictures of the control panel. In that period I had not so much experience and I thought the right fire button was missing so I added a new one…
Here a couple of pics of the cabinet “as was” after this first resto. I have to say today I proceed in a different way: first of all I restore the wood and the side arts, then I remove everything from inside and I clean very well all parts. Once I finish completely the works “on the shell” I proceed with the internal parts. Anyway this is the cab.
OMG the foorboard is very dirty!!